Edward B. Keidan
Edward Keidan is a Partner in the Firm’s Chambers-ranked Construction Law Group. Ed’s practice concentrates on public and private construction related litigation and transactions. Ed represents participants in the construction process, including general contractors, design-builders, trade contractors, design professionals, and owners. Ed has negotiated and drafted many construction contracts and subcontracts, and is a veteran of numerous trials, arbitrations and mediations. Ed has tried cases in state and federal courts around the country. Ed is a frequent speaker at construction industry seminars, most recently on the AIA family of construction documents, and public contracting issues.
- Successfully prosecuting a claim for differing site conditions on behalf of a general contractor against a public owner
- Prosecuting change order claims for a general contractor against a private owner, and defending against contractor claims
- Prosecuting a $30 million project manager’s claim against a foreign governmental entity at the International Court of Arbitration – International Chamber of Commerce, on a new airport project
- Successfully representing a curtain wall designer, supplier and installer at arbitration, involving a high rise project prosecuting claims for additional work and defending against claims of delay, disruption and design defects
- Prosecuting a claim of an electrical contractor on a hydroelectric dam project
- Successfully defending a general contractor against antitrust claims related to the bid process
- Successfully prosecuting a claim at trial against the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago on a drop shaft rehabilitation project (part of the O’Hare Tunnel System)
- Representing an EPC contractor on a terminated power plant project in northwestern Illinois
- Aldridge Electric, v. American Municipal Power, Inc., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35925 (W.D. Ky. March 13, 2017)
- Skyline Roofing & Sheet Metal , Inc. v. Ziolkowski Constr., Inc., 26 N.E.3d 1024 (Ind. App. 2015)
- Aldridge Electric, v. State, 64 Ill. Ct. Cl. 220 (2012)
- Builders Of Greater Chicago v. City of Chicago, 298 F. Supp. 2d 725 (N.D. Ill. 2003)
- Builders Of Greater Chicago v. County of Cook, 256 F.3d 642 (7th Cir. 2001), affirming, 123 F. Supp. 2d 1087 (N.D. Ill. 2000)
Selected to the Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys, a selective membership based on peer nominations, of outstanding Illinois lawyers who are distinguished for their skill, experience and professional conduct in the practice of construction law.
Selected as a Fellow in the Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only, selective and limited membership national association of the country’s best construction lawyers.
Selected by peers to Super Lawyers (Construction Litigation) based on peer nominations and evaluations with third party research.
Selected to Leading Lawyers in construction law by The Law Bulletin Publishing Company. Only lawyers who are most often recommended by their peers in the statewide surveys are included in Leading Lawyers Magazine.
- Construction Disputes: Representing The Contractor, Wolters-Kluwer Construction Law Library, Ch. 3, “Organizing And Selecting The Litigation Team,” Edward B. Keidan, 4th Ed. 2019
- Shared Design, Wolters-Kluwer Construction Law Library, Ch. 11, “BIM And Shared Design Risk For Structural Steel Contractors,” Timothy R. Conway and Edward B. Keidan, 1st Ed., 2011, Suppl. 2013
- Construction Change Order Claims, Wolters-Kluwer Construction Law Library, Ch. 9, “Changes That Result From Delays and Interferences,” John S. Mrowiec and Edward B. Keidan, 1st Ed. 2005, 2d Ed. 2011
- Illinois State Bar Association