Ashley K. Martin
Ashley K. Martin is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group. She regularly represents clients, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in commercial disputes, including contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, fraud claims, and other business torts. She also has experience defending clients against antitrust claims and securities class actions. Ashley has significant trial experience and has represented clients in appeals at the state and federal levels.
Prior to joining Fox Swibel, Ashley was an associate in the General Litigation Group at Sidley Austin, LLP. Ashley earned her law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School. She received her B.A. cum laude from Yale University.
Ashley serves on the Advisory Board for Girls in the Game, a nonprofit organization that provides and promotes sports and fitness opportunities, nutrition and health education, and leadership development to girls in Chicago.
- As second-chair trial attorney, obtained a $134 million judgment for claims of breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty following a five-week bench trial in Cook County Circuit Court, one of the largest reported judgments in that court’s history.
- Obtained a $45.5 million verdict for an oil pipeline operator following a two-week jury trial.
- Successfully defended against a $56 million fraudulent transfer case in a trial in Delaware bankruptcy court brought against a hedge fund client.
- Successfully defended a retail company against claims for violations of the federal and state antitrust laws.
- Defended underwriter client against a class action involving claims for violations of Sections 11, 12 and 15 of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Defended client against claims brought by former limited partner for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
- Co-author, “Contractual Provisions That Matter in Litigation between a Fund Manager and an Investor”, The Hedge Fund Law Report (October 2, 2014)