University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
Brown University, A.B.
Rick Meller is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Group. Rick concentrates his practice on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, emerging company representation, securities matters and corporate governance, and the formation of joint ventures throughout the world. His practice includes advising clients on corporate reorganizations and restructurings, both in and out of bankruptcy. Rick’s significant experience with clients in the energy, hospitality, gaming & leisure, and retail & consumer products industries allow him to develop strategies for his clients which not only help his clients today, but also into the future.
Rick received an A.B. from Brown University. He also earned a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School. Prior to joining Fox Swibel, Rick was a partner at Latham & Watkins, LLP.
- Multi-million dollar convertible debt offering and minority equity investment in a multi-national industrial baker
- Formation of a global vehicle manufacturing joint venture
- Several public equity offerings of a major retailer
- Sale of a publicly traded gas utility
- Issuance of convertible preferred stock by a publicly held medical device manufacturer