Corporate & Securities
Corporate & Securities
Fox Swibel’s Corporate & Securities Group advises clients in the areas of business structuring and formation, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital financing, securities offerings and compliance, corporate finance and general corporate and business law matters.
The Firm’s corporate and securities attorneys have specific expertise in the investment management, proprietary trading and commodities law areas, including the representation of hedge funds and other private investment vehicles, broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, commodity pool operators, commodity trading advisors, and other trading and investment management industry participants.
The group regularly counsels clients in connection with joint ventures, technology licensing, franchise law, domestic and foreign distribution, structured finance, project finance, and complex contracting matters, such as plant and facility engineering and construction, energy efficiency contracting, project and services outsourcing and procurement, sales representation, and other product sales arrangements.
The group also serves as outside general counsel to emerging growth companies in a wide range of industries. In addition, the group has extensive experience in the area of restaurant law, and has represented a major restaurant company for over thirty years, along with many individual restaurateurs.
Our Corporate & Securities Group represented the following:
- A manufacturer of conductive glass products, in its $33 million acquisition of assets from an automotive products company
- A financial news service provider specializing in computer readable news feeds in its sale to a major international stock exchange
- A hedge fund manager in several rounds of capital raises, cumulating several hundred million dollars, for participation in multiple acquisitions of several major grocery store operations and ultimate approximately $15 billion initial public offering
- A shopping center owner contribution of substantial assets to a public real estate investment trust
- Major providers of energy efficiency contracting services in numerous transactions in sizes up to approximately $25 million
- A hedge fund manager in structuring and offering of several hundred million dollars of investment participations in South American real estate opportunities
- A registered investment advisor firm in a substantial sale of equity to a private equity company and in several subsequent joint ventures and investment product acquisitions and joint ventures
- A leading alternative energy firm in several wind-farm acquisition transactions
- An Internet media firm, in its sale of assets to a major Internet company
- A provider of capital markets intelligence and investor relations support, in the sale of all of its assets to a private equity firm
- A well-known natural foods company, in numerous private placements of securities, the acquisition of several food brands and related assets and ultimate sale of the entire company to a major public corporation
- A Canadian mineral processing company in its first U.S. acquisition of same-industry business
- A industrial equipment manufacturer in acquisition of limited liability company interests in $100 million project for servicing new automobile assembly plant
- An investor group in acquisition of 29 primary care health practices
- Numerous Internet, technology and other rising companies in structuring and offering numerous financing rounds