- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Brown University, A.B.
Rick Meller is a partner in the Corporate & Securities Group and concentrates his practice in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital markets transactions, public company representations and in private equity and venture capital matters.
Rick counsels senior management and Boards of companies in a variety of industries, including hospitality, life sciences and technology, energy, manufacturing and retail. His experience includes advising clients on hotel and restaurant management agreements and joint ventures.
Rick also advises clients on corporate reorganizations and restructurings, both in and out of bankruptcy. He has advised both public and private companies on capital raising transactions in the United States and abroad, including equity and debt capital raises in the U.S. public markets, PIPE transactions, secondary offerings, and private equity offerings. Rick’s significant experience with clients in a broad range of industries and with a wide variety of transactions enables him to develop comprehensive strategies for his clients, which not only help his clients today, but also into the future.
- Multi-million dollar convertible debt offering and minority equity investment in a multi-national industrial baker.
- Formation of a global vehicle manufacturing joint venture.
- Formation of an international fertilizer joint venture.
- Several public equity offerings of a major retailer.
- Formation of numerous hotel and gaming development joint ventures.
- Asset sale of an industrial fluids manufacturer.
- Representation of owner/developer for a hotel project in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Sale of a publicly traded gas utility.
- Issuance of convertible preferred stock by a publically held medical device manufacturer.