Legal & Tech: Practical Considerations for Hires, Furloughs and Separations of Remote Employees
Apr 9, 2020
With the shelter-in-place orders going through April 30th and possibly beyond, it is important to prepare your company for possible furloughs, layoffs, and terminations with your remote employees.
Many companies have never changed a remote employee’s employment status in their organization, so we are doing a joint 30-minute webinar with Spot Migration on Thursday, April 16th, at 1:00 pm to discuss the options you have on both the legal and technical fronts.
During this webinar we will cover:
- How are Furloughs, Layoffs, and Terminations Different
- What to do if you need to hire or separate an employee without being in the same room
- Who Qualifies for Unemployment Benefits with the CARES Act
- How Do We Remove Access to Company Data From Ex-Employees
- What Can We Do To Scrub Personal Machines for Company Data
Please register for the webinar HERE.
If you have any questions you would like answered before or during the webinar, please reach out to Kelly Smith-Haley, a Partner in our Employment Law Group.