- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D. (with honors)
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S. (magna cum laude)
Tracy Katz Muhl is a partner in the Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups. On the litigation side, she represents clients in a broad range of commercial cases, including contract disputes, real estate disputes, consumer fraud claims, Uniform Commercial Code cases, trust issues, landlord-tenant matters, shareholder claims and intellectual property infringement claims.
On the intellectual property side, Tracy assists clients in the development and screening of trademarks. In this regard, she applies for and registers federal trademarks, service marks, and copyrights with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and United States Copyright Office. This includes, responding to substantive trademark office actions, and engages in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also assists clients with the assertion and defense of their rights in both registered and common law trademarks and service marks, through negotiations, cease and desist letters, and legal proceedings.
- Cruz-Nunez v. Kimco Corp., 2008 WL 5142398, No. 08 C 3841 (N.D. Ill. Dec. 5, 2008);
- Jones Day v. Blockshopper, LLC, 2008 WL 4925644, No. 08 CV 4572 (N.D. Ill. Nov. 13, 2008)(novel trademark and Internet issues received media coverage);
- New Freedom Mortgage Corp. v. C&R Mortgage Corp., 2004 WL 783206, No. 03 CV 3027 (N.D. Ill. Jan. 15, 2004);
- Continental Insurance Co. v. Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp., 59 Fed. Appx. 830, 2003 WL 463466, No. 01-3817 (7th Cir. Feb. 21, 2003); and
- People v. Grant, 295 Ill. App. 3d 750, 692 N.E.2d 1295 (1st Dist. 1998).
Tracy was selected to the Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership, Class of 2017. Tracy is also a member of the Board of Education of Northbrook School District 28.