- Loyola University School of Law, J.D.
- Miami University, B.S.
Katie has extensive experience representing middle-market banks, financial institutions and borrowers in the structuring, negotiating, and documentation of commercial loan transactions. She represents clients in a wide variety of lending transactions, including real estate, asset-based, acquisition, construction, syndicated and mezzanine financings.
She also regularly negotiates and documents commercial and real estate loan workouts and restructurings, including loan modification agreements, forbearance agreements, deed in lieu of foreclosure agreements and note purchase and sale agreements. Additionally, Katie has experience representing secured lenders in commercial foreclosure and creditor’s rights litigation.
Prior to joining Fox Swibel, Katie was a partner in the Business and Finance Group at HMB Legal Counsel.
- Represents banks, financial institutions and borrowers in commercial loan transactions, including drafting and negotiating loan documents and conducting all related due diligence.
- Negotiates and documents commercial loan workouts and restructurings, including loan modification agreements, forbearance agreements, deed in lieu of foreclosure agreements and note purchase and sale agreements.
- Represents secured creditors in commercial foreclosure and creditor’s rights litigation.
From 2015 to 2017, Katie was selected as an Emerging Lawyer in Banking and Financial Institutions Law by The Law Bulletin Publishing Company. Less than 2% of all lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois receive recognition as an Emerging Lawyer.
From 2011 to 2013, Katie was selected to the list of Illinois Rising Stars, a list published by Super Lawyers. Rising Stars uses a patented multiphase selection process which includes peer nominations and evaluations combined with third party research. Attorneys who have been selected to the list of Illinois Rising Stars make up 2.5 percent of lawyers in Illinois who have been in practice for less than ten years. These selections are made on an annual basis.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association