The University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (cum laude)
Harvard College, B.A. (magna cum laude)
Adam Hachikian is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group. He regularly represents clients in contract disputes, trust disputes, fiduciary duty claims, fraud claims, commercial foreclosure, breach of guaranty claims, forcible entry and detainer suits, LLC member disputes, employment litigation, and various other business torts. He also has extensive experience representing receivers in foreclosure actions. Adam has represented clients in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
Adam received his B.A., magna cum laude, in government from Harvard College. He received his J.D., cum laude, from The University of Michigan Law School. Adam is a member of the Trial Bar for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is also a member of the Armenian Bar Association and Chicago Bar Association. Prior to joining Fox Swibel, Adam was an associate at Jenner & Block.
- Represented purchaser of commercial mortgage-backed securities in a complex mortgage fraud case. The case involved claims against loan guarantor, loan originator and engineering firm who evaluated property prior to loan issuance. After a 4+ week trial and 1 week evidentiary hearing on legal fees, successfully obtained verdict against all defendants, with total damages exceeding $17 million.
- Representing minority beneficial owners of multi‐million dollar family trust against corporate trustee in breach of fiduciary duty claim for trustee’s failure to diversify the trust’s assets.
- Represented receiver in foreclosure of River East Plaza, advising the Receiver on all aspects of property management, including leasing new space, renewing leases with existing tenants, rent reconciliations and litigating disputes with delinquent tenants. Prevailed in forcible trial against tenant entity related to the borrower. Successfully obtained multiple TROs against the borrower for interference with receiver’s rights and duties. Also represented Receiver in bankruptcy proceedings and ensured Receiver remained in control of property after borrower filed for bankruptcy.
- Represented publicly‐traded lighting manufacturing company in a dispute with the former landlord regarding payment of capital improvements for 116,000 square foot warehouse building. Reached a settlement prior to trial.
- Represented multi‐billion dollar real estate investment business in tenant class action suits. Obtained a highly favorable settlement for the client within eight months of the lawsuits being filed.
- Representing community lender in multiple foreclosure actions. Also litigated breach of note cases for lender where loans were unsecured. Cases range from several hundred thousand dollar loans to loans in excess of $10 million.
From 2011-2013, Adam was named to the list of Illinois Rising Stars, a list published by Super Lawyers. Rising Stars uses a patented multiphase selection process which includes peer nominations and evaluations combined withthird-partyy research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Attorneys who have been selected to the list of Illinois Rising Stars make up 2.5 percent of lawyers in Illinois who have been in practice for less than ten years. These selections are made on an annual basis.
Also, Adam has been named an Emerging Lawyer in commercial litigation by The Law Bulletin Publishing Company. Less than 2% of all lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois receive this distinction.