Banking & Corporate Finance
Banking & Corporate Finance
The Firm’s Banking & Corporate Finance Group represents clients in the negotiation, documentation and enforcement of virtually every type of secured and unsecured credit transaction, including transactions secured by real estate (such as shopping centers, office, industrial and residential properties), asset-based transactions, project finance and credit enhancement transactions.
The Group has expertise in areas such as permanent and construction financing, revolving lines of credit, conduit lending, government loan programs and syndications and, together with the Firm’s bankruptcy group, has significant experience in the workout area. In addition to direct representation of lending institutions, the group also assists the Firm’s corporate and real estate clients in connection with their financing activities. The group works with the Firm’s commercial litigators who regularly handle lender/borrower disputes, asset collection and foreclosures.
Representative Clients and Matters
Fox Swibel has a substantial lending practice, representing large financial institutions, both domestic and foreign, regional and local banks and private fund lenders. Among our lending group’s many lending clients are large, national banks such as U.S. Bank N.A.; Wells Fargo Bank, N.A; HSBC Bank USA, N.A.; PNC Bank N.A.; and Bank of America, N.A.; as well as regional banks such as the Wintrust group of banks and many local banks.
- $63,000,000 construction loan for a hotel to be constructed above the Oriental Theater
- $34,000,000 mortgage loan secured by 14 industrial properties in suburban Chicago
- $30,000,000 revolving credit facility to a consortium secured by the capital commitments of the investing members
- $40,000,000 bridge loan facility to a group of investment funds
- $33,670,000 construction loan for an apartment development in Spring, Texas
- $18,255,000 construction loan for multi-tenant storage/warehouse facility in Libertyville, Illinois
- $40,000,000 revolving line of credit to a major retailer
- $26,000,000 construction loan on leasehold property improved with a Holiday Inn above the Apparel Mart in Chicago, Illinois. The collateral consisted of portions of a vertical subdivision subject to extensive easements for access, parking and off-site beneficiaries
- $35,000,000 construction loan relating to new facilities at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois
- An aggregate of $47,000,000 in construction loans in connection with industrial revenue bond financings in Brimfield and Bowling Green, Ohio and Winfield, Kansas, respectively, for build-to-suit facilities for a Fortune 500 company
- 40 conduit loans of various sizes secured by properties in multiple states and including commercial and multi-family portfolios
- Preparation of all Illinois form loan documents for major national financial institution